At my graduation party I had a jar out with slips of paper for people to write their best piece of advice to give to me before I begin this new journey. So today I'd like to share with you the words of wisdom my friends and family wrote to me. Some are funny, whereas others are very heartfelt.
1. "Memorize your fake ID!" (sorry mom!)
2. "Remember to always follow your heart and do what makes you happy!"
3. "Forget the haters, do you."
4. "Marry rich." (haha)
4. "Remember who and what really matters!"
5. "Force yourself to go out on some weekdays- you won't regret it."
6. " Just smile. No matter what happens if you can find a way to be happy, then you've figured life out. It's simple." (SO true!)
7."Stay in school!"
8. "Always keep a door open, never closed."
9. " Study sometimes." This one is extra funny because my grandfather wrote it, haha!
10. "Never settle, EVER! Chase your dreams doll!"
11. "Don't sweat the small stuff."
12. "Always be who you are because you are amazing!"
13. "Keep smiling no matter what. I love your smile."
14. " Don't let anyone bring you down."
15. "Be safe!"
Even though these were written for me before I head to college, I think everyone can take something out of these little pieces of advice. It's so easy to feel undefined after high school, I mean you are going out into the world with a totally clean slate. And this can go for many things, a new job, or a new city. The world is literally your oyster to become who you want to be, and as scary as that is, it's going to happen whether you like it or not. However in the craziness of your new life, never stray from who you truly are.
I loved reading these and hoped you did too! Sometimes we all need a little reassurance or advice, no matter how old, or wise we think we are. Do you have any words of wisdom? I would LOVE to hear them!
Here are some more graduation pictures, it was truly the best day of my life! Also, special thank you to all the people who helped me make it to this point. I am extremely grateful for the people I have encountered along the way and who have helped me grow and develop into the person I am today! xoxo. And to my high school friends, "don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."