1.“I can’t explain what I mean. And even if I could, I’m not sure I’d feel like it.” -J.D Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye.
2. "How wild it was, to let it be." -Cheryl Strayed, Wild.
3.“I have always thirsted for knowledge, I have always been full of questions.” -Hermann
4.“The loneliest moment in someone’s life is when they are watching their whole world fall apart, and all they can do is stare blankly.” -F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby.
5. "Isn't it pretty to think so?" - Ernest Hemingway, The Sun Also Rises.
6. "You are your best thing." - Toni Morrison, Beloved.
7. "Anyone who ever gave you confidence, you owe them a lot." -Truman Capote, Breakfast At Tiffany's.
8."Sometimes we get sad about things and we don't like to tell other people that we are sad about them. We like to keep it a secret. Or sometimes, we are sad but we really don't know why we are sad, so we say we aren't sad but we really are." -Mark Haddon, A Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time.
9.“She wasn’t doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together.” - J.D Salinger, A Girl I Knew.
10.“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” -John Steinbeck, East of Eden.
11. "And in that moment, I swear we were infinite." -Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower.
12.“In spite of everything, I still believe people are really good at heart.” -Anne Frank, The Diary of Anne Frank.
13. "Stay gold, Ponyboy." -S.E Hinton, The Outsiders.
14. “You can't eat the orange and throw the peel away - a man is not a piece of fruit.” -Arthur Miller, Death of a Salesman.
15.“You can not stop you from being who you are.” -Khaled Hosseini, A Thousand Splendid Suns.
16.“The sun burnt every day. It burnt time.” -Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451.
17.“Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.” -John Green, The Fault in Our Stars.
What are your favorite quotes in literature?