18. You're not going to die. Yes life can suck, you failed a test, a nasty rumor got spread about you, your boyfriend dumped you, but you're still breathing. Shit happens, but in the midst of it all just remember you are not going to die, and things will eventually get better.
17. Society's standards are unattainable. Quit trying to look like the girl in the magazine...the girl in the magazine doesn't even look like the girl in the magazine. As long as your love yourself and how you look and are comfortable with who you are nothing else matters.
16. Be kind to yourself. There is only one you, and no one can replace you. The sooner you stop criticizing yourself and start loving yourself the happier you will be. You want other people to be nice to you right? We set the tone for how other people treat us, so be your own best friend.
15. School does not define you. C's get degrees...am I right?! Jokes aside, a bad grade isn't the end of the world. Getting good grades and being intelligent are two vastly different things. Don't let school determine your self worth.
14. Know your limits. Throwing up or passing out from drinking is not cute...you have to know your body and when to stop. It's okay to say no to that last shot or another round of drinks, the most important thing is keeping yourself healthy and safe.
13. Trust few. Know there is a difference between those who ask because they care, and those who ask because they are curious, and be sure to distinguish the two. There will be genuine people who you can tell everything about you and they will still love you, be sure to wait for them, and trust them when they come around.
12. Be good to your friends. They see you at your best, and with tears running down your face, and they are still around. Don't take them for granted, you don't know how long you have with them. They know how fucked up you are yet think you are wonderful anyways, make sure you let them know how much they mean to you.
11. Eliminate the bullshit. If something or someone is causing you pain, get rid of it. Life is too short to have to deal with toxic things in your life. Get rid of anything that doesn't make you glad you are alive. No matter how hard it is to eliminate something or someone from your life, if it isn't positively effecting your life then it's got to go.
10. This too shall pass. Every time you thought you couldn't go on, you did, and you will do it again. Whatever seems like the end of the world now will eventually be over. Keep your head held high and know that the pain will subside.
9. You will make mistakes. It's going to happen, and it's okay. Every mistake you make only makes you a better person because you learn from it. Sometimes it takes making a few mistakes to make us realize what we were doing wrong. Don't get down on yourself if you slip up, it's totally normal and it's part of growing up.
8. Do things that make you happy. Only spend time doing things that are good for your soul. Hangout with people who make you laugh till you cry and your stomach hurts. Pinpoint the things that bring you the most joy in your life and focus the majority of your time on them. Why waste your precious time and energy on things that don't make you happy? The more you start investing in things that make you happy the more you will begin to love your life.
7. Crying is okay. Have a terrible day? Have your heart broken? Cry. Let it all out, it's okay. Cry in your room and play your music loud as fuck and let everything you've been holding in out. Don't be ashamed to let yourself cry in front of others, everyone needs a shoulder to cry on sometimes. Crying doesn't mean you're weak, it's a sign that you are human, and you are alive. Cry in your car, or cry yourself to sleep, don't be ashamed of your tears, you can only be strong for so long. Allow yourself to cry, sometimes it's what you need.
6. Laugh loud, and laugh often. Laugh at anything and everything. Never get so dull that you cannot laugh at the little things in life. Laugh at your friends, and most importantly learn to laugh at yourself. It's true that laughter is the best medicine, it can cure a multitude of ills. No matter where you go or what you do in life never lose the magic of laughter.
5. Everything is temporary. The good times, the bad times, eventually they all come to an end. Cherish the good times because they won't last forever, and don't get too down during the bad times because they too will come to an end. Enjoy friends and family each day because life is so uncertain. In your happiest and saddest moments, know that they are both just temporary, so act accordingly.
4. You will change. Growing up and changing is a part of life. Your personality and thoughts are going to change, let them. Your experiences in life will change you for the better and for the worst, but it will all work out in the end and you will become the person you are meant to be. Don't be alarmed when life as you know it comes to an end, allow yourself to be open to change. Change is a good thing, how boring would it be if everyone stayed the same?
3. It's okay to not be okay. This one took me forever to realize. You do not have to be perfect, no one is perfect. You do not have to be happy 24/7. It's okay to be pissed off, or to have a bad day, it's totally normal. Everyone has their moments and it makes the world go around. You are human, and part of being human is knowing it's okay to be sad sometimes, it doesn't make you any less good, just human.
2. Be Present. Embrace your life. Enjoy the little things. Put down the phone for a little bit and cherish the company of good friends. You can never get the present moment back, so you might as well make the most of it before it's gone forever. Whatever you are doing, invest yourself in it 100%. Acknowledge the present moment, you don't want your whole life to go by to realize you weren't actually living it.
1. You're still learning. You will never have all the answers, accept it. Each day is a new adventure and a new experience and each one will change you in a different way. Don't be stubborn, accept that there is still so much for you to learn. Embrace what other people have to offer and listen to their advice and stories. Some of the best things you'll learn in life will come from the people in your life. Try new things, take risks, and just know that there's so much more out there for you to learn.
What do you think? What have you learned in your life time?